CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-14 17:27:00

claspa

Refresh Function

Hey there,

Currently if you click on refresh it searches for open games. If it finds one it will stop searching.
Mostly Clock Form's 1-4c games are open, however I am not interested in them.

Would it be possible that, if you press refresh again, it will search again but for other open games? Maybe continiusly?

Edit: Oh, it's also not so helpful, when there is a game open which you cannot afford.

Last edited by claspa (2015-02-15 01:16:16)

#2 2015-02-16 06:26:03

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Refresh Function

Sorry for the confusion here.

When you hit refresh, it shows you ALL open games in existence.  If there's more than 9, they will spill onto multiple pages with NEXT and PREV buttons that will appear.  If you're only seeing one on the list, there's only one open game.

If you're seeing some that are out of your price range, well, that's all there is.  When there are more open games, the ones that are out of your price range will be on later pages, so you won't see them as the first result.

#3 2015-02-19 15:00:14

claspa

Sorry, I am not good in describing.

"When you hit refresh, it shows you ALL open games in existence."

But then it stops searching.

I would like to have the option that it will refresh every 10 seconds.

#4 2015-02-20 19:35:43

jasonrohrer
Administrator

It currently auto-refreshes if there are ZERO games returned.  I figured that in that case, there's clearly no strain on the server.

It doesn't auto-refresh if at least one is returned.  The idea is that once the server got busier, auto-refresh when someone was away from keyboard would cause a lot of wasted load.  Of course, with the refresh button there, someone can simply spam the button as much as they want, and cause all kinds of load.

Maybe it should auto-refresh if less than one page was returned, and just have NO refresh function (auto or manual) if multiple pages are returned, because paging can be used to refresh.

Or maybe auto-refresh should be on always...

#5 2015-02-20 19:39:47

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Still, having it refresh "out from under you" when you're about to click on a game would be annoying.  I forgot about that.

It almost seems like the refresh button should disappear for 5 seconds after you hit it, just to prevent you from spamming it.

#6 2015-02-20 20:34:56

claspa

jasonrohrer wrote:

Still, having it refresh "out from under you" when you're about to click on a game would be annoying.  I forgot about that.

It almost seems like the refresh button should disappear for 5 seconds after you hit it, just to prevent you from spamming it.

ah, I understand that.

Board footer