CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-14 16:29:55

LiteS

The jarring feeling of leaving early

Regarding the look and feel of the game, I feel like the transition from "Leave" to the post-game recap screen happens a bit fast. Almost every action in CM requires a server response, meaning you'll be waiting at least a few milliseconds for your actions to get a reply. On top of that, the coin animations can take a few seconds, column/row painting happens smoothly, and new boards fade in and out gracefully. After clicking "Leave (pay 6)", the game snap-cuts to the recap screen without a fade from black.

How do y'all feel about this transition? Should the impression of leaving be left as is, abrupt and sudden, or should it feel more calculated with a fade out or fade in?

#2 2015-04-14 16:33:10

context fabric

Re: The jarring feeling of leaving early

Personally I like hard cuts. No unnecessary waiting for animations to finish.

#3 2015-04-14 16:51:31

Ghost Amount

I agree that coin animations could be a bit faster

#4 2015-04-16 19:15:33

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Well, leaving does require a round-trip to the server before the results are displayed to you... but I believe it shows you your buy-in instantly, and then fills in the resulting balance at the bottom depending on what happened during the game.  So, the jump to the screen is instant, but all the info isn't present at first.

Board footer