CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-18 15:11:06

anarch

Came here from NPR

Just dropping in to say "hi." I heard Jason's interview on SC-ETV Radio last weekend and was highly intrigued by the game. I haven't won a game yet so... easy money in 2-4c range. :-)

#2 2016-02-20 13:17:21

carpathian

Re: Came here from NPR

Hello....

I heard about this on NPR..... I believe last summer.....  heard it again recently so I joined up.  Lets revive this game. Post here when u view the thread to say hello.  I can usually be here between 6 and 7:30 eastern time during the week.  weekends almost anytime works.  would love to try 8 player tournament.

#3 2016-02-21 22:01:14

ThomasHiatt

Hello. I have been playing this game for a long time (that doesn't mean I'm good, I'm the second biggest loser) and I have been hoping to get some people to start playing again. I'm available pretty much anytime, I usually have a game around 30 cents or so up all day for people to join (I keep it above 20 cents to avoid playing against the bot, string corn).

#4 2016-02-21 22:14:45

carpathian

string corn is a bot ??   Ok.... then I will look for "higher Stakes" games.  we should ask the game owner to lower the weekend tournaments to a standard $1 to encourage more people to try it.  No sense trying to stagger the buy-in to accommodate higher stakes players when there are no players to play anyway.  wonder if he could send a mass email to all former players to try and get even a few to return?

#5 2016-03-26 12:30:41

Sorry guys; I almost never check these forums any more.

I see that 29 people played in the last month, and a month ago was already a week after Jason's interview. So maybe there was considerable activity... but even when people are playing the game, there's no activity on these forums.

Aside from that spike, CM sadly has almost no players anymore, but it would be a pity if it weren't possible to find a human to play against if you really wanted to. I know that a number of the players, like myself, still enjoy CM, but have little hope of finding anyone to play against.

I think we really need a better way for people to match up with each other. The chatzy chat room is also dead, and kicks you out after an hour anyway. Also, it's a nuisance that the game doesn't refresh once it sees a game opened by the bot.

How about an IRC channel? That might be more convenient for idling in.

Last edited by .. (2016-03-26 12:32:46)

#6 2016-06-02 05:18:27

Cobblestone

May I suggest Telegram? I play a game called Armello that, up until a recent Steam sale, has a very sparse player population. Some of us formed a Telegram group to chat it up and organize games and events. It works on mobile and has a desktop client. It's incredibly handy. The only downside is that you sign up with your mobile number and only has one identity. So it's sort of the opposite of CM in terms of anonymity.

Anyway, I stopped back in these forums here to see what was going on. I got the itch to play again. I miss it.

Board footer