CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-25 03:52:06

Nate

Strategy Discussion

I think when two high level players match up, they are going to start placing all of the lines almost 100% randomly (while keeping a sharp eye on potential patterns from their opponent) to avoid falling into each other's psychological traps.

Meaning that with two experienced players, the real skill and depth of the game involves figuring out the statistics and psychology of when to bet and fold on a given board.

However, the first tournament isn't necessarily focused on "more experienced" players matching up. And neither is the game itself, really. In a way, it's a better strategy to hunt down less experienced players, if possible, and try to figure out their patterns. Of course this could be a charade on their part, perhaps they are pretending to be bad so that you'll bet more and more...

I love this game.

#2 2014-12-25 04:16:01

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Strategy Discussion

Welcome to donkeyspace.

http://gamedesignadvance.com/?p=2346

#3 2014-12-25 04:28:57

Nate

I think I like it here in Donkey Space. It's.... furry and cute!

What an interesting article... I bet the guy who wanted to make a good Cordial Minuet AI will find that it's not so easy.

#4 2014-12-25 11:21:52

Nate

Now that I think about it, I bet Cordial Minuet AI would actually have a lot in common with Diamond Trust of London AI. It's almost like you're inventing these games to be interesting AI problems on purpose...

Board footer