CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-16 06:21:32

AnoHito

Let's Play Cordial Minuet

Here is the first episode: http://youtu.be/FvyyfI18nbA

Let me know what you think. wink

Last edited by AnoHito (2015-01-16 06:28:11)

#2 2015-01-16 07:03:35

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Let's Play Cordial Minuet

Great stuff there!

#3 2015-01-16 07:10:54

Omnibot

I think you need a mic big_smile Nice video though!

#4 2015-01-16 14:41:24

jere

I concur. Very cool, but you need a mic! I've thought about doing this. I've actually got some recorded video from the first tournament I might narrate.

Some notes on strategy in the 2nd round. You predict that they'll give you a 19, which turns out to be right. However, that wasn't the lowest row they could see, since it had a 32 (from your first column). Unless they knew for sure you had that column (which I suppose you indicated with your all-in), they can't be sure you won't get the 32.

Anyway, I think that's why all-ins on the first turn are ill-advised, like betting on a coin flip. Whatever small advantage you have in the first round can be easily wiped out in the next.

On the last turn, you decide what to do with the 36. I think you've put much emphasis on the high numbers. What's the difference between 34 and 36 anyway? Turns out it's 2. Not a big difference. Yet the left column you gave yourself in order to get the 36 had a 4 point lower average than the right column. And you would have won with the right column (well, hindsight ya know?).

Good video! We need more of this stuff.

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#5 2015-01-16 19:54:26

AnoHito

jere wrote:

I concur. Very cool, but you need a mic! I've thought about doing this. I've actually got some recorded video from the first tournament I might narrate.

I really don't know about using a mic... I don't think I could improvise good commentary on spot, so I would need to script things out anyway.

jere wrote:

Some notes on strategy in the 2nd round. You predict that they'll give you a 19, which turns out to be right. However, that wasn't the lowest row they could see, since it had a 32 (from your first column). Unless they knew for sure you had that column (which I suppose you indicated with your all-in), they can't be sure you won't get the 32.

But after I went all in, I doubt they would assume I had a bad number. 30/35 were the most likely possibilities, and given how quickly I went all in... I may have actually given myself away and told them I had the best possible number, meaning they knew I couldn't take the 32.

jere wrote:

On the last turn, you decide what to do with the 36. I think you've put much emphasis on the high numbers. What's the difference between 34 and 36 anyway? Turns out it's 2. Not a big difference. Yet the left column you gave yourself in order to get the 36 had a 4 point lower average than the right column. And you would have won with the right column (well, hindsight ya know?).

I did say in the commentary that for those and many other reason, that pick was a big mistake. Probably my worst of the entire game.

jere wrote:

Good video! We need more of this stuff.

Thanks! smile I will do more of these in the future if enough people are interested in watching them.

#6 2015-01-17 14:48:01

Professor Chin

Thank you for the video! I hope you will do more of these.

oh... my first post:
Hello Mondo!

Board footer