CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-01-30 16:00:18

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Score preview before 3rd turn

Well, Jere, that is some advanced stuff that I never considered until I saw your GIF.

It's interesting that the column with the 6 does not LOOK better than the other one---in fact, pairwise, the numbers are almost entirely strictly worse, except for the 34.  But, it turns out that, for game tree reasons, winning any number in that column, even the 6, will give you the highest possible score over the remaining possibilities your opponent could have (taking the one with the 6 will block then from getting 34, and if they stick you with a 6, that means they didn't get a 26 on one of their previous picks)

I've seen a lot of people toggling the columns back and forth on turn 3 and watching the graph, but toggling the columns and then mousing over to see what score you would actually have if you got one of those cells---that's potent stuff that I never considered.

And yeah, the same situation is solidified on the Turn 2 bet (you're in a situation where you can force a win on the next turn)---BUT, there's no way to access that information.  I also agree that it's not practical to figure this out in your head in 60 seconds.  The graph is showing you some pretty intense computerized insight in your GIF there.

Back to figuring out how to make this work.

#27 2015-01-30 19:38:05

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Okay, got this working in v13.

#28 2015-01-30 20:43:01

jere

Cool, thank you! I was struggling to understand why I was having such a hard time advocating for this change. I didn't realize it was because I was using unheard of techniques. Oh well, a gif's worth a thousand words.

I wonder how many people were already doing this. Maybe I've shared too much, but at least I have more content for Creature Expression's Pro Tips Volume II!

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#29 2015-01-30 22:11:36

claspa

jere wrote:

I wonder how many people were already doing this. Maybe I've shared too much, but at least I have more content for Creature Expression's Pro Tips Volume II!

You were not the only one doing this. wink
Looking forward to v13.

Board footer