CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-05 19:34:14

jasonrohrer
Administrator

v13 Released

Colorblind mode, plus Jere's request for advanced mouse-over graph updates.

We're nearing the public release of the game, so this version is a release candidate.

Full change log here.

http://sourceforge.net/p/hcsoftware/Cor … ngeLog.txt

#2 2015-02-06 03:22:04

jere

Re: v13 Released

Let me preface by saying thanks for implementing the score preview thing.

However, it's not quite working right. What I was expecting was each player to have ~6 score lines when this is tested during 2nd turn betting, but instead they have a bunch more. If I were to guess, it's not considering that if you take a number the opponent can't have any numbers in that same row or that same column. And it's keeping extra possibilities that we know should be excluded.

Essentially, the preview in the 2nd turn bet isn't the same I get immediately after when I have access to the sliders. Yes, you are getting your final score, but like I said earlier the relationships (due to game tree conflicts) are the important part.

I know this is meant to be generalized across all turns, but I still don't see why it couldn't work the way I'm describing.

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#3 2015-02-06 20:47:13

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You're right.... there's a bug in how it's computing future possibilities at that point.... working on fixing it now.

#4 2015-02-06 23:14:36

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Okay, v14 posted to fix this.  Give it a try and let me know if you notice anything else.

I ended up fixing something else about the graph.  If you hadn't dragged the final red slider, but had somehow nailed down the final green column (through mouse over or slider), the green bars on the graph would act like your opponent didn't know their final column yet (because it hadn't officially been picked as red yet), but given that there's only one column left for them, might as well nail it down too when drawing the green graph lines (the red lines reflected it, because you have information about your last column, so the green lines should probably simulate that pick as well).  This is fixed now.  Dragging the final green slider, or mousing over an uncolored square while betting post-turn-2, now properly uses the process of elimination to simulate what your opponent would know, given the only column that would be left for you to give them.

Thanks for holding my feet to the fire on this one.

#5 2015-02-07 01:42:53

jere

Appears to be working great!

#6 2015-02-07 02:34:17

jere

Just to confirm with some experimental data: this is incredibly useful.

Board footer