CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-05 22:40:20

xavirou

Payment declined

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a new account with a Mastercard (virtual mastercard, from Barcelona, from a big bank) and it looks like I cannot even put the whole number. The login screen let me type all the numbers except one (well, I can type it, but I cannot send it).

Any solution?

#2 2015-03-05 22:54:34

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Payment declined

Hmm...  Strange!

Is it saying INVALID right next to the credit card field?  If so, then your card number has failed the Luhn checksum.  As far as I'm aware, Mastercards should all pass this checksum.

Is the [DEPOSIT] button showing up after you type everything in?

#3 2015-03-05 22:57:13

xavirou

Nope, the deposit button shows only when I have one number left to introduce. When I put all the numbers it's not there.

It's not a "real" card, by the way, it's a virtual card (a mastercard) my bank allows me to have and refill whenever I want -for online security purposes.

Thanks!

#4 2015-03-05 23:15:59

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Very strange.

It sounds like it is failing the Luhn checksum that all card numbers are supposed to pass.  The last digit of the card number is a checksum digit.

I did some searching, and I can't find any reports of "virtual" card numbers being different in terms of Luhn checksums.  They should play by the same rules, as far as I can tell.

One VERY crazy thing you might try is to cycle through all possible digits for the final digit until one goes through.  That would be the correct checksum digit.

The final digit is not actually part of your card number---it's only used for checksum purposes.

Or... maybe leave that last digit off and see what happens (because all but the last digit was passing the Luhn test, it seems).

I'm guessing that you've used the same virtual number in other places and that it worked...

800 people from all around the world have made deposits into the game, and this is the first report like this that I've heard. 

I hope you'll stick around and help me figure out what is causing the problem!

#5 2015-03-06 07:46:55

How many digits long is the number? This wikipedia page lists a couple banks which issue cards without a Luhn check digit, but your bank wouldn't be one of them.

BTW Jason, you wouldn't happen to have a CC with TheFirst bank, would you?

Last edited by .. (2015-03-06 08:01:12)

#6 2015-03-06 19:27:14

jasonrohrer
Administrator

.., no, never heard of TheFirst bank, why do you ask?

Board footer