CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-09 00:39:44

Gilvado

How... do I find a game?

I've been sitting in a $0.01 search for 5 (Edit: 10) minutes.

I'm starting to think maybe people don't play games at this low money level?

What's a decent value to actually get a game going? I'd just like to play around with the 2 dollars I dropped in the game, get used to how it works. I'm not looking to lose a bunch of money quickly just to play a game.

Last edited by Gilvado (2014-12-09 00:40:21)

#2 2014-12-09 00:52:14

jere

Re: How... do I find a game?

What's a decent value to actually get a game going?

I do recommend penny games for learning. If someone else has put out something higher you will see their game listed and can decide from there. No point in requesting higher stakes at this point.

Personally, I learned at that level and after getting comfortable with the game, I've been trying to follow Asminthe's Bankroll management theory. So I'm playing games a couple orders of magnitude higher and it just doesn't seem worth it to play penny games right now.

If you hop on in the near future, I'll try to match with you... (I just matched with someone this very moment at $0.01, assuming it is you).

In general, finding games can be tricky at this early phase of the game. 10 minutes is not long at all. I've waited several hours.

Last edited by jere (2014-12-09 00:56:28)

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#3 2014-12-09 01:15:27

Gilvado

I just played several games, I assume it was with you as I got the match just around when you posted.

Very interesting first experience. Very much a brain crunching game! I think I hit the timeout almost every turn, sorry about that tongue.

I'm going to be continuing to play $0.01 games for now to try and continue to learn the game smile.

#4 2014-12-09 10:12:03

You can pretty easily tell whether someone is new because they take most of a minute per turn! I think that you probably learn faster from the experience of actually completing games rather than by staring at the board.

Look at the users graph to find out what time of day to play.

#5 2014-12-09 15:33:13

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You can also just create a game and leave it WAITING in the background while you do other work on your computer.

When an opponent arrives in your game, you'll hear the chime on your speakers and know that the game is starting.

Board footer