CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-20 07:40:07

joshwithguitar

Score Graph for Experimental Mode

Hey guys, I've been working on putting the score graph back into Experimental Mode and have just finished and thought I should share it.

Here is the link to the relevant source files and a windows executable:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= … sp=sharing

To get it working either replace both "PlayGamePage.h" and "PlayGamePage.cpp" in the client source before compiling or replace your windows CORDIAL_MINUET.exe file with the compressed one in the folder.

As there are a lot more numbers the graph has been squashed and there are only a few gaps in it to start, but it becomes a lot clearer once it thins out later in the game.

The main thing I've added is a function that gives each hand a ranking from 1 to 249 so it can be placed on the bar (PlayGamePage::scoreHand).

Otherwise I've just changed things to deal with having a different number of score pips and added the alternate scoring method to computePossibleScoresForPlayer.

Enjoy!

#2 2015-05-20 13:57:27

jere

Re: Score Graph for Experimental Mode

Thanks Josh! I tried one game of the new mode and felt totally lost without the score graph. It reminded me of how bad I am at poker. I'm just not as a good at this pattern matching thing.

Last edited by jere (2015-05-20 13:57:52)

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#3 2015-05-21 21:19:19

Professor Chin

Re: Score Graph for Experimental Mode

Josh I thank you for the score graph, also because it made me realize something quite unexpected:
I actually play better without it! smile

Maybe it's related to me not being multitasking at all, but if I pay attention to the bar I loose the flow of the shapes and numbers... I kind of become unable to plan in advance a range of possible hands I try obtain, above all after the 1st pick.
At the same time I loose a grasp on the most likely results the opponent may have among the final 6, given the story of his bets.

Board footer