CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-02-13 21:02:32

jere

Re: Cordial Minuet Twitter bot

I think the games over time graph you used in the Clock Form post might be handy, if a little creepy. Let's say I want to play a rematch against you. With that graph I know when you're more likely to be on.

Absolutely. Maybe I should add the time graph to the site? For now, remember the "follow" feature. For example, I followed Judge Doorman. He only plays around midnight my time when I'm in bed and not every night. It's not really worth me staying up until 1am every night on the off chance he'll be there. So I can turn the volume up on my phone and literally be woken up when he plays a game. I'm planning to use that extensively in the future.

And yea, this kind of stuff has a tinge of creepiness to it. But that's equally true of anything you do publicly on the internet. Facebook posts, twitter posts? I remember someone did analysis of Hacker News usage and you could tell one of the top posters had a very unhealthy sleep schedule.

I have to confess I probably won't be expanding this thing too much regarding the other boards. I'm sure others will if there is interest. As I've said, there's no shortage of programmers here. There were tons of third party tools made for The Castle Doctrine!

Last edited by jere (2015-02-13 21:04:49)

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#52 2015-02-14 00:51:20

jere wrote:

There were tons of third party tools made for The Castle Doctrine!

Off topic, but I'd never heard of any and am curious. I only know about castledraft and the two (?) drafting sites that were made before it.

#53 2015-02-14 00:56:12

jere

Well, those were the main ones I was referring to. I vaguely remember some tools being released after I had kind of quit playing. I thought cullman had released something, but I'm struggling here.

Just the drafting websites were pretty damn impressive in my book.

#54 2015-03-22 22:32:02

Cobblestone

Hey jere, the bot has started @ tweeting me wins from random games today.

#55 2015-03-22 23:50:09

jere

Cobblestone, while I can't rule out a bug, I can likely explain what's going on here. Even if it is sort of a cop out.

You gave me some tweets as examples. What happened in those cases is that you were getting part of a "bundle" of tweets. The bot runs every 5 minutes and, during periods of high activity, several people are involved per 5 minutes. Obviously, it has to split up all these announcements if they grow bigger than 140 characters. So the "random" one you got should have arrived at the same time as another one that involved you.

It's probably just lazy programming and I could fix it if necessary, but I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal.

And actually this behavior will tend to be useful. You want to get @ when your "followers" play but you also want to see who they played, which might be the person in the random tweet.

Hope that helps....

#56 2015-03-23 04:11:29

AnoHito

By the way, did you ever look at using my JSON feed as a back-end to replace your current profit scraper? It's set up to update in sync with the profit page, so you could tweet the profit data as soon as it becomes available.

#57 2015-03-23 05:23:12

Cobblestone

Ah hah! Ok, that makes total sense, but I didn't think about that. You're right, that's absolutely it. It's really not that big of a deal, but I thought something bugged out since they seemed like complete tweets by themselves. Maybe you could add a (1/2) and (2/2) at the end of tweets that get broken up? Or a "..." at the beginning and end?

#58 2015-03-23 14:43:25

jere

^Not a bad idea. Cobblestone, I also wanted to respond to something you said in the chat: "(hopefully jere's canto delirium shows the winnings on the profit graph)". Turns out: no. Prize winnings are not counted in profit in my experience. When I won the first tournament, the $200 injection killed my profit ratio because it counted as a deposit but not as a profit. Still, you'll have the money and be able to play higher stakes!

^^Ano, there's nothing wrong with mine other than the fact that my silly hosting company doesn't allow crons to run more than every 5 minutes. Maybe I'll find a workaround. Two questions on your feed though. What's it showing exactly (obviously it's not one 5 minute batch)? And how often does it poll?

#59 2015-03-23 19:33:56

Cobblestone

Ah, ya I was wondering if it would see it as a deposit. It makes sense, I guess, since it's not really a win from an individual game. And you're right! I can sit at the adult table now!

#60 2015-03-24 01:40:57

AnoHito

jere wrote:

Ano, there's nothing wrong with mine other than the fact that my silly hosting company doesn't allow crons to run more than every 5 minutes. Maybe I'll find a workaround. Two questions on your feed though. What's it showing exactly (obviously it's not one 5 minute batch)? And how often does it poll?

It shows the last 100 profit changes for all users, formatted into a JSON array. You can also do http://minuet.isans.net/json/profit?use … %20tobacco to get the last 100 profit changes for a user. It is set to update a few seconds after the official profit page updates itself, which is once every five minuets. It's synced using the timer on the official profit page.

#61 2015-03-25 00:27:59

CaravanDisturber
Website

This is cool. One of the best things about this twitter account is the fact that it gives you an alert when there are actually people playing. Albeit 5 minutes after the last game.

#62 2015-03-25 00:33:07

Cobblestone

Also, it gives you a name to curse when you've lost!

#63 2015-04-10 05:54:34

AnoHito, that API is great. But is there any way to fetch more than just the last 100 profit changes (for all players)? And is there anything else available?

Also, I notice that some of the user pages contain duplicated entries, for example http://minuet.isans.net/json/profit?user=cat%20flask

Also, was "minuets" a deliberate typo? smile

#64 2015-04-12 02:15:50

AnoHito

Sorry for the late reply. I've been pretty busy with other things lately...

If you want to get older profit changes, you can do http://minuet.isans.net/json/profit?start=100. http://minuet.isans.net/json/profit?use … o&start=10 is also possible, or even http://minuet.isans.net/json/profit?use … 0&length=1 to just get a single profit change. Queries are limited to 10,000 results though, and due to the way I wrote the system, values of "start" greater than 9999 will give no results. I didn't intend for the API to be used as a complete archive of historical profit data, just something to get recent profit changes.

And no, it wasn't deliberate, just a Freudian slip I guess. wink

Edit: I think I found the reason for the duplicate entries. It was an issue with floating point precision, where I was comparing a value that had been rounded to one that hadn't. It should be fixed now, so no more duplicate entries will be added, but the old ones will still be there unless I decide to write a script to manually remove them or something.

Last edited by AnoHito (2015-04-12 02:28:03)

#65 2015-04-12 08:27:11

Great, thanks. I see an individual query is limited to 100 results, but that's good enough for me; I simply polled repeatedly to grab all 10000 available events. The oldest available game is from Feb 22nd.

I've been polling the profit, elo/prov_elo, and top 100 dollar leaderboards hourly for a few months, but higher-resolution data is nice to have. There's a lot of variability in the Elo rankings (the multiplier is probably too large for CM), so I'd like to smooth them over games played and see what I get.

#66 2015-05-09 05:25:22

Dan_Dan84

Hmm, I've played a few games over the last hour and a half or so, but none of them showed up on Canto.

Perhaps it's because activity is so high right now, and my games just don't make it into the reports.

Or I've been deleted, and I just don't know it yet...

#67 2015-05-09 06:51:56

Cobblestone

It looks like the character limit and the high volume of players is freaking the bot out. I'm subscribed to myself, and I'll sometimes get @'d to two or three tweets in a row, none of them containing myself. I'm thinking my info is between the tweets, as it were.

#68 2015-05-09 20:29:20

jere

Yea I thought I had coded for this but apparently not. Give me some time to look at it.

#69 2015-05-09 23:28:11

Cobblestone

No worries! You could almost create a feed on your humbit site that doesn't have a character limit, and then tweet links to that entry when the tweet is too long.

#70 2015-06-09 09:46:22

Dan_Dan84

So here's something strange. I was the sole participant in a daily tournament, until JA joined right at the last minute. Jason changed the coding the next day to give everybody refunds when nobody has enough profit to claim a prize.

But, it looks like we were each given $200, which was subsequently taken away. It's made our score graphs look really wonky:

http://humbit.com/cmbot/index.php?alias … %20alcohol

http://humbit.com/cmbot/index.php?alias … sion+bosom

Is there any way to fix our score graphs, to remove the phantom $200 entry?

And also: it probably won't happen again (and it didn't affect the other tournament contestants who were given refunds for later tournaments), but clearly there was some weird bug involved here. But since it only affected the two of us, I guess it's nothing serious.

#71 2015-06-09 14:31:23

jere

I've said before that it would be better if entry fees and prizes were counted outside the normal profit leaderboards (that's my most reliable datasource), but obviously I'm biased here.

Even so, I'm not sure what happened here. Doesn't make much sense why you would have been given money in the first place, but oh well. A bug maybe?

Anyway, I manually fixed those two cases, so your graph should be back to normal. Can't say I will be able to continue to stay on top of that stuff, but it might have been a one off.

#72 2015-06-09 15:12:03

Dan_Dan84

Thanks jere. smile I'm sure it was just a one off, caused by the change in coding.

#73 2015-06-09 17:13:26

jasonrohrer
Administrator

What happened here was a bug on my end.  When I made that change, the currently-running tournament's prizes ($200 entry fee) were awarded to them by accident.  I had to go in and fix everything manually.  In the mean time, the bot noticed.

#74 2015-06-13 22:16:31

Ink Disparity

I really appreciate the work on this bot!

#75 2015-06-25 01:03:46

Cobblestone

Hey jere!

I don't know if you have any desire to expand on this bot, but Telegram just introduced the ability to create bots within their app:
https://telegram.org/blog/bot-revolution

It might be handy for people who want to interact with the bot, but don't have a Twitter account (or don't want their Twitter account revealed).

Board footer