CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-20 15:19:15

carpathian

Great Comeback

Ok.... I'm new to this game but wonder how to know who my opponent may be?   Or is that part of the game, not knowing?  Either way.....  approximately 9:30am Eastern time..... somebody was down to last 5 chips and had comeback to win.  Thought I should say I appreciated this game/player.  I also read the post about knowing when to leave a game to maximize win.  I find this as an odd behavior as it is a game, unless huge stakes are involved and leaving would be part of money management.  I guess I should have left when I had such a huge advantage, but I would have missed out on the awesome game that followed.  Thank You.

#2 2016-02-21 21:39:45

jere

Re: Great Comeback

The idea behind the game is anonymous opponents. However, I created a bot that can fairly reliable tell you who you played against after the fact: https://twitter.com/canto_delirium

To answer your question in the other thread, you should already be on the leaderboards. What's your alias?

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#3 2016-02-21 21:58:46

carpathian

Jere
      Thanks for your help.  After playing more games and reading more posts/threads, I kinda figured things out.  Guessing my Alias on your twitter site is "cost cell".   I cant figure out why this game never caught on more?

#4 2016-02-21 22:35:43

jere

Guessing my Alias on your twitter site is "cost cell"

You should know for sure because your alias is included in one of the early emails. Assuming you're cost cell I checked and I saw you on, for instance, the second page of the profit ratio leaderboards. Also, make sure to check out the profit graph that my bot generates: http://humbit.com/cmbot/index.php?alias=cost+cell

I cant figure out why this game never caught on more?

This is the million dollar question. We've discussed it a lot actually. It seems like people tend to find the concept interesting, but are very hesitant to pull the trigger and put real money in the game, either because they assume they'll lose or they don't trust the (somewhat intentionally) sketchy website. For people already into gambling games like poker, I'm guessing they just want to stick with their game. Jason actually went to Vegas several times and talked to some poker people trying make traction and apparently no one even wanted to write about it.

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

Board footer