CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-21 00:00:23

jasonrohrer
Administrator

How to report bugs

The game has a built-in recording feature that records every mouse movement, keystroke, and server response for debugging purposes.

If you experience a crash, glitch, or other unexpected behavior, the recording probably captured it.  Quit the game immediately and look in your "recordedGames" folder for the latest recording file.  ZIP it up and email it to me.

jasonrohrer@fastmail.fm

On my end, I can play this file back to watch your game session and trigger/catch the same bug that you saw.

Please try to reproduce the bug.  If you can, please start a new game session and send me the shortest possible recording that demonstrates the bug.  If you can't reproduce it, please send me whatever you've got.

Beyond the recording and a brief explanation, you don't need to spend time describing the bug in great detail or typing out the steps needed to reproduce it---all that will be in the recording.

Also, if you want to play with this recording feature yourself, drop any recording file into the playbackGame folder and launch the game.

#2 2014-11-22 20:39:36

donkeyspaceman

Re: How to report bugs

Wow, this is a neat feature. I know it's primarily for debugging purposes, but I was very happy to be able to use it myself to demonstrate one of my games to my roommate.

Just a note, though: Since it records EVERYTHING, it also records the account creation screen where you input your credit card number. Not a big deal since you'd have to play back the recording to see it, but it may be the type of thing that someone more paranoid than me could be concerned about.

#3 2014-11-22 21:28:01

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Hmm... yeah, you mean, because your CC number is recorded onto your own hard drive without you being aware of it.

I've thought about implementing some kind of "don't record this event" system where I can flag certain events as protected.  Or a "record all numbers as 0" flag that could be turned on whenever a sensitive data screen is up.

This is the first game that I've made where people type in sensitive data, so the recording system (which I've used in my last three games) has no provision for dealing with it.

#4 2015-06-05 04:00:45

shotgun

i just had a crash -- don't have the time to send a report now, but i will later. i'm mostly writing this here to have a sort of timestamp so i know when it happened and during which match

#5 2015-06-05 04:01:48

shotgun

{"user": "inhabitant shotgun", "change": -0.267, "profit": -9.0395, "time": 1433476772}, {"user": "frog vestibule", "change": 0.2314, "profit": -0.0375, "time": 1433476772}

Board footer