CORDIAL MINUET ENSEMBLE

??????

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-08 19:00:27

Performer Frog

A Cordial Pirouette

Imagine my surprise and excitement when I fielded a routine phone call at work and was greeted by Jason Rohrer informing me that I had an unclaimed amulet waiting for me to claim it an unlock it's (I'm assuming) hidden powers of...luck...I'm hoping?

I apologized profusely for my neglect and quickly claimed my prize and said that I would do my part and post some pictures once the amulet was received. Well, I had an ominous feeling when I woke up today and could only attribute it to the arrival of a prize from a game that a writer from Kotaku referred to as, "mildly satanic". Sure enough, when I opened my mailbox, there it was. I took some pictures to post, but am not sure where to post them to.

The envelope had a number 3 on it (assuming it is the 3rd amulet) and had two symbols written one on top of the other with ":" and then a capital "E" written next to the symbol on top and an "F" written below. I don't know enough about symbology to even begin to describe the symbols. On the other side of the coin are distorted mirrored images of horizontal images that again are difficult to describe.

I will be happy to post pictures if anyone is interested or email them to someone who is interested in seeing them and wants to post them for me.

Thanks for the amulet and the great game. I really enjoyed my time in Cordial Minuet.

-Performer Frog (apparently!)

#2 2017-04-09 00:34:12

jere

Re: A Cordial Pirouette

I took some pictures to post, but am not sure where to post them to.

If you've not used it before, imgur is super easy to use (you can even paste in images).

This late reunion of you and your amulet is a nice capstone to the story of the contest. How serendipitous! Thanks for sharing.

Canto Delirium: a Twitter bot for CM. Also check out my strategy guide!

#3 2017-05-16 23:54:28

Dan_Dan84

Performer Frog wrote:

Imagine my surprise and excitement when I fielded a routine phone call at work and was greeted by Jason Rohrer informing me that I had an unclaimed amulet waiting for me to claim it an unlock it's (I'm assuming) hidden powers of...luck...I'm hoping?

I would love to see a transcript of that phone call.

#4 2017-05-30 19:35:48

claspa

Wow, that's a great story.

I myself feel the itch to play that game again, maybe we should do a short reunion. I would recommend the 6th of June tongue

#5 2017-06-05 14:03:02

Marvelous. I hope to see those photos!

The 6th of June? That's today! You didn't specify a timezone though...
(Funny, I just found this thread)

With the inactivity, we need to manually organise games now. And these forums just don't seem to work for that. Occasional (regular?) reunions would be a fantastic idea.
I notice the Chatzy forum has been deleted due to inactivity. A Discord channel may work much better, since plenty of people use it, and if they have a page open to any other discord channel they would see messages from the CM one too. And it keeps a message history, like Chatzy and unlike IRC.

Last edited by .. (2017-06-05 14:05:43)

Board footer